Building Surveyor? We’re after candidates like you!
We are looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious Building Surveyor looking for a change in direction.
You will be given full autonomy to develop this area of the business and will be expected to bring your own ideas, client leads and experience, to increase secured sales into 2021 and beyond.
As lead building surveyor you will be part of an exciting and growing team who are involved in a wide range of interesting and challenging projects. You will be working on a range of building projects across all sectors of property and construction including Residential, Local Authority, Education and more.
EPC Construction Consultants are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all.
If you want to be a part of our dynamic and friendly team, please send your CV and a small example of portfolio work, as well as thoughts on how you feel you could develop this area of the business to [email protected]
As a building surveyor, you’ll need to:
- ensure projects are completed on budget and to schedule
- advise clients on schemes and projects and determine requirements
- prepare scheme designs with costings, programmes for completion of projects and specification of works
- organise documents for tender and advise on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- determine the condition of existing buildings, identify and analyse defects, including proposals for repair
- advise on energy efficiency, environmental impact and sustainable construction
- instruct on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
- advise on the management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- deal with planning applications and advise on property legislation and building regulations
- assess and design buildings to meet the needs of people with disabilities
- instruct on construction design and management regulations
- negotiate dilapidations (when there is a legal liability for a property’s state of disrepair)
- carry out feasibility studies
- advise on the health and safety aspects of buildings
- advise on boundary and ‘right to light’ disputes and party wall procedures
- prepare insurance assessments and claims
A degree in building surveying (MRICS/ MCIOB preferred but not essential).
Competitive based on experience. Package incentives offered.
To apply please email a covering letter and cv to [email protected]